Re: Is it possible to select index values ?

От Jonathan Vanasco
Тема Re: Is it possible to select index values ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Feb 1, 2016, at 6:58 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:

You can query the statistics portion of the database to get some basic statistics of the form mentioned.

Yeah, i didn't think there would be support.  The stats collector doesn't have the info that I want... it's focused on how the data is used.  I'm more interested in what the data is.

Basically I want to compare the distribution of index "keys".  In the case of a substring index, comparing the distribution at 3,4,5,6,7,8 characters.  based on that, i can run some server tests on different lengths, and the stats collector comes into play.  i'm taking a blind stab on some index contents, and want to be a bit more educated.

anyways, I eventually realized that I may be better just pulling the columns and running some offline analytics (it could be done in sql, but the results would be nicer as a graph).

Сообщение: Re: Postgres 9.5 - password for new windows user
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 9.5 - password for new windows user