Re: Postgres 9.5 - password for new windows user

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Postgres 9.5 - password for new windows user
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/2/2016 7:14 AM, Weisenberg, Sofy Hefets wrote:

I am brand new to Postgres 9.5 and have just installed it on my Windows OS, using the Win x86-64 installer, downloaded from:

http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows

I am trying to setup a new database from the Windows command prompt (run as admin) and I am being prompted for a password after entering the command “psql -U postgres” from the directory containing psql.exe.

you shouldn't have to run as admin, and the password its prompting for is the sql user password for postgres, this is stored in the database server, (no I have no idea how it sets it up as I rarely use postgres on windows).    The enterpriseDB installer should have setup a shortcut to 'SQL Shell (psql)' in the start menu, you might try this instead of manually running psql.