Re: [ADMIN] database and OS

От scott ribe
Тема Re: [ADMIN] database and OS
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Risky--even if it happened to work today on your OS versions, there's no guarantee that it will continue to work.
PostgreSQLuses "native"ish types on each OS, so there's a possibility of files on one OS not working on another.

I have been copying down from Linux to Mac OS for quite a while for local dev work, but Linux/BSD are closer than
Windows/BSDand if it stops working one day I lose nothing.

> On Sep 5, 2017, at 7:32 AM, Andrea Bonomelli <andrea@okaystudio.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> Is it possible to install postgreSQL on a thunderbolt drive connected on MacOS and then plug the drive on Windows
serverand still be able to connect to it?

> I'm not sure if there's a clumsy procedure for it or not...
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
>
> Andrea Bonomelli
> OKAY STUDIO
>
> +44 207 127 0764
>
> okaystudio.co.uk / twitter / facebook
>

> This transmission is confidential and may be privileged.  It is for use by the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
addresseeor if this email is sent to you in error, please let us know by return to info@okaystudio.co.uk and delete the
messagefrom your system.  No contract may be concluded on behalf of Okay Studio email. Okay Studio reserves the right
tomonitor e-mail communication through its network.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

От: Greg Spiegelberg
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Fastest Backup Method?
От: Vasilis Ventirozos
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] database and OS