Re: How to uninstall Postgres

От Thomas F. O'Connell
Тема Re: How to uninstall Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Oct 6, 2005, at 1:14 AM, suresh ramasamy wrote:

> On 10/6/05, Ly Lam Ngoc Bich <ly.bich@ais.cmc.osaka-u.ac.jp> wrote:
>
>> I have installed PostgresSQL  with postgresql-8.0.3.tar.gz . My
>> computer's OS is Linux Fedora 3 . Please show me to the way to
>> uninstall
>> PostgresSQL.
>
> hi,
>
> have you customized your installation as instructed in the postgresql
> manual page?
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/install-procedure.html
> any way you have goto your source directory where you have started
> your installation and give the command
> # make clean
> # make dist clean
> and remove the directory.
> It should work in most of the cases.
>
> regards
> suresh

There's actually a make uninstall rule, too.

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect

Strategic Open Source: Open Your i™

http://www.sitening.com/
110 30th Avenue North, Suite 6
Nashville, TN 37203-6320
615-469-5150
615-469-5151 (fax)

От: Chris Browne
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?
От: Tzvetan Tzankov
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?