VACUUM FULL [ANALYZE] problem

От Tim Vadnais
Тема VACUUM FULL [ANALYZE] problem
Дата
About reindexing system indexes...
Список pgsql-general

If I run a vacuum full on my system I get the following warning.  The optional analyze  has no effect on the output.

bwks=# VACUUM FULL;
WARNING:  index "pg_database_datname_index" contains 3 row versions, but table contains 4 row versions
HINT:  Rebuild the index with REINDEX.
WARNING:  index "pg_database_oid_index" contains 3 row versions, but table contains 4 row versions
HINT:  Rebuild the index with REINDEX.

I tried to rebuild the two indexes and got the following error.  The optional FORCE has no effect on the output.

bwks=# reindex index pg_database_oid_index;
ERROR:  shared index "pg_database_oid_index" can only be reindexed in stand-alone mode
bwks=# reindex index pg_database_datname_index;
ERROR:  shared index "pg_database_datname_index" can only be reindexed in stand-alone mode

I tried running 'vacuumdb -full -d bwks' and got the warning messages there as well.

My question is:
What is stand-alone mode?

Thank you,

Tvadnais