About reindexing system indexes...

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема About reindexing system indexes...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 05:15:08PM -0800, Tim Vadnais wrote:
> I tried to rebuild the two indexes and got the following error.  The
> optional FORCE has no effect on the output.
>
> bwks=# reindex index pg_database_oid_index;
> ERROR:  shared index "pg_database_oid_index" can only be reindexed in
> stand-alone mode

How difficult would it be for the system to notice this and tag the
index as "to be reindexed". Then, the next time the system is started
up, it can reindexed before starting to accept connections.

It would at least simplify the help in this case to "restart the server
to do the reindexing".

Any thoughts,

Вложения