Re: Migrating a live database

От Vladislav Geller
Тема Re: Migrating a live database
Дата
Re: Migrating a live database  (Vladimir Rusinov <vladimir@greenmice.info>)
Список pgsql-admin
HI,

The problem with this solution is that i don't have enough space on the targeted live to implement such a procedure. It would have to work by pulling data directly off the live server. The issue with new data whilst the procedure is running (over a span of days or weeks in not severe as each daily activity generates new tables)

As  someone else mentioned - I am against implementing any kind of replication as the live server will only have a subset of the data after i'm migrating thus making replication useless. And i also don't have the bandwidth to pull out the data in one day.

Regards,

Vladislav Geller