Re: Postgre SQL SHA-256 Compliance (UNCLASSIFIED)

От Anthony Burden
Тема Re: Postgre SQL SHA-256 Compliance (UNCLASSIFIED)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Adrian,

Correct I have the DOD Memo and this PPT. However I am trying to validate
from the Vendor that PostgreSQL 8.2 is SHA-256 compliant or not. Does that
software utilize SHA-1/SHA-256 algorithm?

V/r,
Anthony

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Klaver-4 [via PostgreSQL]
[mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 10:36 AM
To: Burden, Anthony D CTR USARMY TRADOC (US)
Subject: Re: Postgre SQL SHA-256 Compliance

On 09/22/2014 07:24 AM, Anthony Burden wrote:

> validate some software with you to
> ensure that all our installed PostgreSQL software meets SHA-256
compliance.

> There is basically two things we are looking for:
>
> 1) Identify all COTS software purchased as part of scheduled and
> budgeted technology refreshes and upgrades must be SHA-256 compliant.
>
> 2) All DOD information systems that have been upgraded or are
> upgrading to support SHA-256 compliance must continue to maintain
> backwards compatibility with DOD's current SHA-1 credentials.
>
> All the software we are using are:
> PostgreSQL 8.2 8.2
First the oldest supported release is 9.0, currently at 9.0.18

> Can you confirm that your software is SHA-256 Compliant?

Second what does the above mean?

I found this:

0Migration%2018%20Mar%202011.pdf

but my eyes quickly glazed over:) So a synopsis would be helpful.

--
Adrian Klaver
[hidden email]

bscribe_by_code&node=5819917&code=YW50aG9ueS5kLmJ1cmRlbi5jdHJAbWFpbC5taWx8NT
gxOTkxN3w2OTk3MDc3Nzk=> .
NAML
<http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macr
o_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.B
asicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.templ
ate.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-insta
nt_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Postgre SQL SHA-256 Compliance
От: Albe Laurenz
Сообщение: Re: Postgre SQL SHA-256 Compliance