Re: Postgre SQL SHA-256 Compliance

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Postgre SQL SHA-256 Compliance
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/22/2014 07:24 AM, Anthony Burden wrote:
> validate some software with you to
> ensure that all our installed PostgreSQL software meets SHA-256 compliance.
> There is basically two things we are looking for:
>
> 1) Identify all COTS software purchased as part of scheduled and budgeted
> technology refreshes and upgrades must be SHA-256 compliant.
>
> 2) All DOD information systems that have been upgraded or are upgrading to
> support SHA-256 compliance must continue to maintain backwards compatibility
> with DOD's current SHA-1 credentials.
>
> All the software we are using are:
> PostgreSQL 8.2    8.2

First the oldest supported release is 9.0, currently at 9.0.18

> Can you confirm that your software is SHA-256 Compliant?

Second what does the above mean?

I found this:

http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/ops/docs/Public%20Briefing%20-%20DoD%20SHA-256%20Migration%2018%20Mar%202011.pdf

but my eyes quickly glazed over:) So a synopsis would be helpful.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Anthony Burden
Сообщение: Postgre SQL SHA-256 Compliance