Large Objects and Toast

От Campbell, Lance
Тема Large Objects and Toast
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

PostgreSQL: 8.2

My understanding is that when one creates a large object there is no way to link the large object to a field in a table so that cascading delete can occur.  Is this correct?  My understanding is that you have to manually delete the large object.

I also read something about the OID ID being limited in size.  What is the size limit of this OID type?  I am sure that it is bigger than the number of files that I would be uploaded into my db; but I just want to get an idea of the range.

When putting a reference to a large object in a table, should the type of the reference object be OID?

Thanks,

Lance Campbell

Project Manager/Software Architect

Web Services at Public Affairs