Re: viewing source code

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: viewing source code
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> > > However, in the current configuration, all users with permission to
> > > log in can see all source code.  They don't have rights to execute
> > > the functions but they can see the source code for them.  Shouldn't
> > > I be able to revoke both the ability to execute and the ability to
> > > see functions?
>
> Yes and know. If your functions are interpreted then no, I don't see
> any reason for this feature, e.g; python,perl,plpgsql,sql,ruby. I can
> read them on disk anyway.

If you have access to the files, which is not necessarily the case.
Random users, in particular, won't.

Maybe this can be done by revoking privileges to pg_proc.  I am sure it
can be made to work.  It does work for pg_auth_id, and nobody says that
"they can read the passwords from disk anyway."

--
Alvaro Herrera                          Developer, http://www.PostgreSQL.org/
"We're here to devour each other alive"            (Hobbes)