Re: [EXT] Re: How to tell which statement is being executed

От Garfield Lewis
Тема Re: [EXT] Re: How to tell which statement is being executed
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> It might not be any of those.  But if what you want is the most closely
> nested SQL action, inspecting the ActivePortal might help (see
> function_parse_error_transpose, which I think is the only in-core user).

Thx, Tom… will see if this ActivePortal helps…

> No.  How would you even define "affected column"?

Not sure I just assumed that the attributes for column being processed would be saved somewhere in some structure somewhere. After all, at some point if for instance I created a CHAR(10) column and attempted to insert a CHAR(15) that is returned by my function then Postgres will need to generate a truncation warning so it must know the TYPMOD of the column to do so.

Regards

Garfield