Re: Hot-standby/Reporting database.

От jonathan ferguson
Тема Re: Hot-standby/Reporting database.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
hi.

On Mar 20, 2011, at 9:05 PM, Jaime Casanova wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 8:04 PM, Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 4:25 PM, John P Weatherman
>> <jweatherman91@alumni.wfu.edu> wrote:
>>> Has anyone run into this already and have an idea for a work around?  I
>>> am primarily an Oracle guy and in that environment I would set up a
>>> second DB with database links to the hot standby,
>>
>> you can use the contrib module dblink for this:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/dblink.html
>
> obviously you need to install the module libraries in both the master
> and the slave and the sql functions that create objects in master only

Perhaps I'm in the clueless n00b category, here, but how does:

"dblink [] a module which supports connections to other PostgreSQL databases from within a database session."

Even approach solving the problem of Database Replication for Data Warehousing aka Reports DB?

dblink looks more like SSH or Telnet for DB access than a db replication solution to me.

Please explain.

Thanks.

have a day.yad
jdpf