Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE

От Paul Förster
Тема Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Adrian,

> On 26. Sep, 2020, at 17:07, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>
> I believe the issue is here:
>
> select * from pg_pltemplate ;
>

> plpythonu  | f           | f             | plpython_call_handler  | plpython_inline_handler  | plpython_validator  |
$libdir/plpython2| NULL
> plpython2u | f           | f             | plpython2_call_handler | plpython2_inline_handler | plpython2_validator |
$libdir/plpython2| NULL
> plpython3u | f           | f             | plpython3_call_handler | plpython3_inline_handler | plpython3_validator |
$libdir/plpython3| NULL

> The default plpython is plpythonu and that points at $libdir/plpython2.
>
> The instructions here:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/plpython-python23.html
>
> offer a work around:
>
> "Daredevils, who want to build a Python-3-only operating system environment, can change the contents of pg_pltemplate
tomake plpythonu be equivalent to plpython3u, keeping in mind that this would make their installation incompatible with
mostof the rest of the world."

sounds like:

update pg_pltemplate
set
    tmplhandler='plpython3_call_handler',
    tmplinline='plpython3_inline_handler',
    tmplvalidator='plpython3_validator',
    tmpllibrary='$libdir/plpython3'
where
    tmplname='plpythonu';

And that sounds somewhat dangerous to me, especially if I take the comment on the plpython-python23 page into account:
"keepingin mind that this would make their installation incompatible with most of the rest of the world."

I'd rather not...

Cheers,
Paul

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE
От: Paul Förster
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE