Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE

От Paul Förster
Тема Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Adrian,

> On 26. Sep, 2020, at 17:17, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>
> On 9/26/20 2:33 AM, Paul Förster wrote:
>> Hi,
>> the OS here is openSUSE Leap 15.2. I downloaded the PostgreSQL 13.0 source and built it without issues like so:
>
>> openSUSE has no python2 anymore, only python3. The source database does not even have plpython installed:
>
> Actually it does:
>
> https://software.opensuse.org/package/python?search_term=%22python%22

well, actually, it does not. There are still Python2 packages in the repo which I can happily install here at home but
notin the company. So I will run into trouble if I install something here to make something else work, and then take it
tothe company where it does not work. So, to maintain the highest level of compatibility to the machines at work, I
don'tinstall extra packages.

But yes, that would be the second most proper solution. The first and utmost proper solution would be for Python to
finallystop that versioning crap after years have gone by now.

Cheers,
Paul

Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade Python version issue on openSUSE