Re: nntp not working

От Arturo Pérez
Тема Re: nntp not working
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Aug 22, 2010, at 11:45 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> =?iso-8859-1?Q?Arturo_P=E9rez?= <arturo@ethicist.net> writes:
>> I've switched my NNTP to use the GMane system.  Is that the only official NNTP interface now?
>
> I've not paid attention to netnews in a very long time, but the last I
> heard, the postgresql newsgroups had never passed an official group
> creation vote.  If that's still true, it would be unsurprising if
> specific news sites didn't carry them.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Oh, no that's not it.  Someone with access to postgresql.org was running an
Mail-to-NNTP gateway so that the mailing lists could also be viewed through
an NNTP client.  My Usenet connection was directly to news.us.postgresql.org.

But I can understand the cost/benefit may not be there and I use GMane for a
bunch of other groups so I'm happy with that as a solution.

Thanks to whoever had been doing the gateway thing all these years!
-arturo