Обсуждение: nntp not working

nntp not working

От
Arturo Pérez
Дата:
Is anyone else having problems accessing the mailing lists through NNTP?

-arturo

Re: nntp not working

От
Christopher Browne
Дата:
2010/8/18 Arturo Pérez <arturo@ethicist.net>:
> Is anyone else having problems accessing the mailing lists through NNTP?

Yeah, I see the occasional message coming through, but it looks like
the gateway between mail and NNTP isn't working.

Re: nntp not working

От
Arturo Pérez
Дата:
On Aug 21, 2010, at 8:10 PM, Christopher Browne wrote:

> 2010/8/18 Arturo Pérez <arturo@ethicist.net>:
>> Is anyone else having problems accessing the mailing lists through NNTP?
>
> Yeah, I see the occasional message coming through, but it looks like
> the gateway between mail and NNTP isn't working.
> --
> http://linuxfinances.info/info/linuxdistributions.html

I've switched my NNTP to use the GMane system.  Is that the only official NNTP interface now?

-arturo

Re: nntp not working

Дата:
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Arturo_P=E9rez?= <arturo@ethicist.net> writes:
> I've switched my NNTP to use the GMane system.  Is that the only official NNTP interface now?

I've not paid attention to netnews in a very long time, but the last I
heard, the postgresql newsgroups had never passed an official group
creation vote.  If that's still true, it would be unsurprising if
specific news sites didn't carry them.

            regards, tom lane

Re: nntp not working

Дата:
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Arturo_P=E9rez?= <arturo@ethicist.net> writes:
> Oh, no that's not it.  Someone with access to postgresql.org was running an
> Mail-to-NNTP gateway so that the mailing lists could also be viewed through
> an NNTP client.  My Usenet connection was directly to news.us.postgresql.org.

Well, the "someone" was Marc ... hey Marc, are you aware that people are
reporting the mail-to-usenet gateway isn't working lately?

            regards, tom lane

Re: nntp not working

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
This should be fixed as of yesterday ...

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010, Tom Lane wrote:

> =?iso-8859-1?Q?Arturo_P=E9rez?= <arturo@ethicist.net> writes:
>> Oh, no that's not it.  Someone with access to postgresql.org was running an
>> Mail-to-NNTP gateway so that the mailing lists could also be viewed through
>> an NNTP client.  My Usenet connection was directly to news.us.postgresql.org.
>
> Well, the "someone" was Marc ... hey Marc, are you aware that people are
> reporting the mail-to-usenet gateway isn't working lately?
>
>             regards, tom lane

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org

Re: nntp not working

От
Arturo Pérez
Дата:
On Aug 22, 2010, at 11:45 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

> =?iso-8859-1?Q?Arturo_P=E9rez?= <arturo@ethicist.net> writes:
>> I've switched my NNTP to use the GMane system.  Is that the only official NNTP interface now?
>
> I've not paid attention to netnews in a very long time, but the last I
> heard, the postgresql newsgroups had never passed an official group
> creation vote.  If that's still true, it would be unsurprising if
> specific news sites didn't carry them.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Oh, no that's not it.  Someone with access to postgresql.org was running an
Mail-to-NNTP gateway so that the mailing lists could also be viewed through
an NNTP client.  My Usenet connection was directly to news.us.postgresql.org.

But I can understand the cost/benefit may not be there and I use GMane for a
bunch of other groups so I'm happy with that as a solution.

Thanks to whoever had been doing the gateway thing all these years!
-arturo