Re: pgsql: Set libpq sslcompression to off by default

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: pgsql: Set libpq sslcompression to off by default
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> On 17 Mar 2018, at 17:47, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

>> Set libpq sslcompression to off by default
>
> Buildfarm reports that SSL_clear_options isn't available everywhere.

Per some reading of the documentation and various patchers it seems
SSL_clear_options() was introduced in 0.9.8m and SSL_OP_NO_COMPRESSION in
1.0.0.  For older versions, the recommended option is to clear the list of
compression methods in order to disable compression:

    #ifndef SSL_OP_NO_COMPRESSION
    STACK_OF(SSL_COMP)* comp_methods;
    comp_methods = SSL_COMP_get_compression_methods();
    sk_SSL_COMP_zero(comp_methods);
    #endif

I don’t have an old version handy to try on, so the above is untested.

cheers ./daniel