Re: UTF-8 and LIKE vs =

От David Wheeler
Тема Re: UTF-8 and LIKE vs =
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Aug 23, 2004, at 4:08 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> [ looks back at discussion... ]  Actually I misremembered --- the
> discussion was about how we would *reject* legal UTF-8 codes that are
> more than 2 bytes long.  So the code is broken, but not in the
> direction
> that would cause your problem.  Time for another theory.

Whew!

> Is the problem query using an index?  If so, does REINDEX help?

Doesn't look like it:

bric=# reindex index udx_keyword__name;
REINDEX
bric=# select * from keyword where name ='북한의';
   id  |  name  | screen_name | sort_name | active
  1218 | 국방비 | 국방비      | 국방비    |      1
(1 row)

That's still giving me an invalid row for the value I passed to it
(note that the value of the "name" column is different than the value I
queried for).

Regards,

David
Вложения