pg_dump/psql fails on win32 beta 8.0

От Josué Maldonado
Тема pg_dump/psql fails on win32 beta 8.0
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello List,

I'm having this issue with beta 8.0

C:\pgsql\bin>pg_dump -U postgres farmacia > xfar.sql
Password:
C:\pgsql\bin>psql -U postgres farmacia2 < xfar.sql
Password:
psql: FATAL:  Password authentication failed for user "postgres"
C:\pgsql\bin>psql -U postgres -W farmacia2 < xfar.sql
Password:
psql: FATAL:  Password authentication failed for user "postgres"

it did not ask for the password neither, however this works but no data
is restored just the schema

C:\pgsql\bin>pg_dump -U postgres farmacia > xfar.sql
Password:

C:\pgsql\bin>edit xfar.sql

C:\pgsql\bin>psql -U postgres farmacia2 < xfar.sql
Password:
psql: FATAL:  Password authentication failed for user "postgres"

C:\pgsql\bin>psql -U postgres -W farmacia2 < xfar.sql
Password:
psql: FATAL:  Password authentication failed for user "postgres"

I'm running on W2k pro SP4, any idea or suggestion?

Thanks in advance

--
Sinceramente,
Josué Maldonado.