Re: Allow an alias to be attached directly to a JOIN ... USING

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Allow an alias to be attached directly to a JOIN ... USING
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 27 Jan 2020, at 10:19, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> On 2019-12-31 00:07, Vik Fearing wrote:
>> One thing I notice is that the joined columns are still accessible from
>> their respective table names when they should not be per spec.  That
>> might be one of those "silly restrictions" that we choose to ignore, but
>> it should probably be noted somewhere, at the very least in a code
>> comment if not in user documentation. (This is my reading of SQL:2016 SR
>> 11.a.i)
>
> Here is a rebased patch.

This thread has stalled for a bit, let's try to bring it to an end.

Vik: having shown interest in, and been actively reviewing, this patch; do you
have time to review this latest version from Peter during this commitfest?

cheers ./daniel