Re: "Keyed" sequence?

От Israel Brewster
Тема Re: "Keyed" sequence?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Apr 28, 2016, at 11:21 AM, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 12:09 PM, Israel Brewster <israel@ravnalaska.net> wrote:

> It'll kill your performance, but if aesthetics are that important to you...

They're not *that* important. I was just asking if there was a way to do this easily.

​While the performance argument might be true it is heavily dependent upon concurrency.  I'm doubting a PO system in the typical company has enough concurrency, and is sensitivity enough to small delays,​

​that giving up the benefit of sequential numbering would be a worthwhile trade-off.

I'm thinking the same - especially considering that we aren't exactly a huge company.

David J.

Israel Brewster
Systems Analyst II
Ravn Alaska