Re: DBD::Pg & DBD::PgPP Cpan question

От Williams, Travis L, NPONS
Тема Re: DBD::Pg & DBD::PgPP Cpan question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I understand they are different.. and I know how to manually find them.. but they took DBD::Pg out of the main list..
andif you use ppm on a activestate box it also does not give you the choice to load DBD::Pg anymore... only DBD::PgPP.
TheDBD::PgPP doesn't need the pgsql libraries installed to use it.. I've testing it on a windows box and am getting
readyto test it on a hpux box.  If it works then it is much simpler to install on a hpux box cause you don't need the
libraries.

Travis

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Barwick [mailto:barwick@gmx.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 4:37 AM
To: Williams, Travis L, NPONS; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] DBD::Pg & DBD::PgPP Cpan question

On Wednesday 22 January 2003 00:11, Williams, Travis L, NPONS wrote:
> All,
>     I have noticed that they have replaced DBD::Pg with DBD::PgPP in cpan.

"They" haven't been doing anything of the sort, I hope ;-).

http://cpan.org/modules/by-module/DBD/

has the latest DBD::Pg version ...

> Also if you use windows PPM that you can't get DBD::Pg that way.. only
> DBD::PgPP.. I understand the difference between the two modules.. but is it
> really a replacement.. or 2 different modules.. in my mind its two
> different modules.. and they should both be listed.  Has DBD::PgPP been
> tested?

They are very different modules. I have no idea about DBD::PgPP though.

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net

От: Lamar Owen
Сообщение: Re: is 7.1.3 vulnerable ?
От: Andrew Sullivan
Сообщение: Re: [part 2] How to backup a postgreSQL of 80 GByte ?