Re: [part 2] How to backup a postgreSQL of 80 GByte ?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: [part 2] How to backup a postgreSQL of 80 GByte ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 05:22:40AM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> OK, I need a identical system, maybe a little bit smaller CPU and less
> memory for the Slave but...
>
> 1.  How can I do a Master-Slave System ?
>     The Slave must be write only from outside (Paris)

We use PostgreSQL, Inc's eRServer for this.  You just set things up
such that your ph_hba.conf doesn't allow other connections (that is,
no-one conencts except from the master).  It still doesn't give you a
backup in the sense of "I want to go back to the database I had a day
ago, before that rogue got in and deleted everything."

You could probably _use_ the slave that way, however, by making the
slave tables actually views on something else, and using rules (and
probably triggers) to update another table.  I have some ideas on how
to do some nifty stuff this way, but it hasn't been tested.

> 2.  What is the traffic for changements ?

Just the SQL you need to send for each change.  It's pretty light.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

Сообщение: Re: DBD::Pg & DBD::PgPP Cpan question
Сообщение: Re: DBD::Pg & DBD::PgPP Cpan question