Re: Unable to install pg in Win (MVR error)

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Unable to install pg in Win (MVR error)
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 8:47 PM, M. Bashir Al-Noimi <admin@mbnoimi.net> wrote:
On 14/06/2010 08:43 م, Dave Page wrote:

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 7:22 PM, M. Bashir Al-Noimi <admin@mbnoimi.net> wrote:

Hi All,

As shown in the following screenshot I couldn't install pg in Windows because it couldn't install Microsoft VC++ Runtime!

How I can fix this issue?

If you already have the right version (VC++ 2005 SP1) of the runtimes installed, you could run the installer with the option:

--install_runtimes 0

to skip the runtime installation.
I tried to run pg installer with "--install_runtimes 0" but I got warning message tell me that database cluster failed does this problem related to wrong MVR?

if yes how I can fix this issue? do I need to remove installed MVR (I didn't find it in Add or Remove Programs list)?

Install the correct runtimes version (you don't need to uninstall any existing ones). This should do: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647

BTW, what language does your copy of Windows run in?

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company