Re: Unable to install pg in Win (MVR error)

От M. Bashir Al-Noimi
Тема Re: Unable to install pg in Win (MVR error)
Дата
Re: Unable to install pg in Win (MVR error)  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Список pgsql-general
On 14/06/2010 08:43 م, Dave Page wrote:

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 7:22 PM, M. Bashir Al-Noimi <admin@mbnoimi.net> wrote:

Hi All,

As shown in the following screenshot I couldn't install pg in Windows because it couldn't install Microsoft VC++ Runtime!

How I can fix this issue?

If you already have the right version (VC++ 2005 SP1) of the runtimes installed, you could run the installer with the option:

--install_runtimes 0

to skip the runtime installation.
I tried to run pg installer with "--install_runtimes 0" but I got warning message tell me that database cluster failed does this problem related to wrong MVR?

if yes how I can fix this issue? do I need to remove installed MVR (I didn't find it in Add or Remove Programs list)?

PS.
After finishing the installer I noticed that pg services didn't start at all although I successfully installed pg on another PC!

--
Best Regards
Muhammad Bashir Al-Noimi