Re: pg_basebackup for streaming base backups

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pg_basebackup for streaming base backups
Дата
Re: pg_basebackup for streaming base backups  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 16:27, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 16:20 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> >
>> > I agree.  I don't think your original names are bad, as long as
>> > they're well-documented.  I sympathize with Simon's desire to make it
>> > clear that these use the replication framework, but I really don't
>> > want the command names to be that long.
>>
>> Actually, after some IM chats, I think pg_streamrecv should be
>> renamed, probably to pg_walstream (or pg_logstream, but pg_walstream
>> is a lot more specific than that)
>
> pg_stream_log
> pg_stream_backup

Those seem better.

Tom, would those solve your concerns about it being clear which side
they are on? Or do you think you'd still risk reading them as the
sending side?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/