Re: pg_primary_conninfo

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: pg_primary_conninfo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Dec 28, 2010, at 10:34 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I'm still wondering what's the actual use-case for exposing this inside
> SQL.  Those with a legitimate need-to-know can look at the slave
> server's config files, no?

SQL access is frequently more convenient, though.  Although maybe now that we've made recovery.conf use the GUC lexer we oughta continue in that vein and expose those parameters as PGC_INTERNAL GUCs rather than inventing a new function for it...

+1 for SQL access, but exposing it via pg_settings opens up the security problem as there might be sensitive info in those GUCs.

Regards,
--
gurjeet.singh
@ EnterpriseDB - The Enterprise Postgres Company