Re: BUG #5653: Error reading the C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.4/data/postgresql.conf"

От Dave Page
Тема Re: BUG #5653: Error reading the C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.4/data/postgresql.conf"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 4:48 AM, Kesavan <kesavan@emmeskay.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> OS : Windows XP Professional SP3.
> Due to some of our product limitation, right now we can't migrate to
> 8.4.4. Hence we have to stick to 8.4.0-1.
>
> Kindly provide me the root causes of this issue so that I can avoid
> those pitfalls. Also if the issue comes, is there any script to complete
> the installation manually.

I don't recall all of the root causes - but suffice it to say that
some of them are not necessarily feasible to work around anyway.

There are numerous other fixes in 8.4.4, which is 100% compatible with
8.4.0 (we have a strict bug-fix only policy for minor releases, unlike
some other DBMSs). There really is no good reason to not use the newer
version, especially as you haven't installed yet.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise Postgres Company