Re: BUG #5653: Error reading the C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.4/data/postgresql.conf"

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: BUG #5653: Error reading the C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.4/data/postgresql.conf"
Дата
Re: BUG #5653: Error reading the C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.4/data/postgresql.conf"  ("Massa, Harald Armin" <chef@ghum.de>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On 13/09/10 17:10, Dave Page wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 4:48 AM, Kesavan <kesavan@emmeskay.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> OS : Windows XP Professional SP3.
>> Due to some of our product limitation, right now we can't migrate to
>> 8.4.4. Hence we have to stick to 8.4.0-1.
>>
>> Kindly provide me the root causes of this issue so that I can avoid
>> those pitfalls. Also if the issue comes, is there any script to complete
>> the installation manually.
>
> I don't recall all of the root causes - but suffice it to say that
> some of them are not necessarily feasible to work around anyway.
>
> There are numerous other fixes in 8.4.4, which is 100% compatible with
> 8.4.0 (we have a strict bug-fix only policy for minor releases, unlike
> some other DBMSs). There really is no good reason to not use the newer
> version, especially as you haven't installed yet.

I've added a FAQ entry for this, as we've had more people with odd ideas
about updates lately. It needs a shorter title ;-) but otherwise should
cover things.

As usual, check/editing appreciated.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/FAQ#A_bug_I.27m_encountering_is_fixed_in_a_newer_minor_release_of_PostgreSQL.2C_but_I_don.27t_want_to_upgrade._Can_I_get_a_patch_for_just_this_issue.3F

--
Craig Ringer

Tech-related writing: http://soapyfrogs.blogspot.com/

Сообщение: Re: BUG #5653: Error reading the C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.4/data/postgresql.conf"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5653: Error reading the C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.4/data/postgresql.conf"