Re: Windows Tools

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Windows Tools
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 00:26, Peter Geoghegan
<peter.geoghegan86@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi David
>
> I seem to recall the last time that I built Postgres on windows using
> VC++, there was a whole load of compiler warnings, because MS have
> taken it upon themselves to deprecate various C std lib functions (in
> particular, string.h functions). You're supposed to use their
> non-standard variants that specify bounds. They can safely be ignored.

That must've been a *long* time ago. IIRC, we got rid of those before
making the MSVC build official in a release... I wonder if you're
mixing it up with the time when we only supported building libpq with
it - we didn't, i think, remove those warnings back then...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/