Re: [pgsql-admin] Daily digest v1.3327 (2 messages)

От Justin Pitts
Тема Re: [pgsql-admin] Daily digest v1.3327 (2 messages)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

sendingspecific SCSI calls (PERSISTENT RESERVE) to the >storage.  That probably works fine if you have a Fiber Channel
arraythat supports that.  But I don't think there's any flexibility for alternative types of deployments.  As for the
complexity>of the setup time, while they have put a bunch of GUIs on it I've never see anything that tries to do
complicatedstorage array arrangements work in any time that isn't measure in large >multiples of hours, so "10 seconds"
I'mskeptical of.

I think the 10 seconds here is referring to the time to automatically
failover to a secondary node in the cluster. I have worked extensively
in production environments with MS Cluster Server providing failover
for IIS, SQL Server and Apache HTTPD / Subversion, for older SCSI3 and
Fibre Channel arrays. In all cases, failover time - time for a client
to reconnect - was under 30s.

I am guessing that PostgreSQL would behave reasonably well in a MS
Cluster. I've thought about setting up a scenario to play with the
idea but haven't had a compelling reason to do so.

От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: question about HA in PG 9.0
От: Mark Rostron
Сообщение: xid wraparound