Re: sepgsql contrib module

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: sepgsql contrib module
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> On 02/15/2011 10:34 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>  wrote:
>>> On the whole, I don't think that sepgsql-regtest.pp should be built or
>>> installed at all during the build phase.  It ought to be generated
>>> during regression test startup, instead.
>>
>> You have to manually install and enable it before you can run the
>> regression tests.  This is documented.
>
> That's not the point. Right now you can't even run just a postgresql build
> on a machine that doesn't have selinux enabled, let alone run the regression
> tests. And if we construct the regression gadget at postgresql build time,
> who is to say it has the right settings for the run time environment, given
> that the build is apparently dependent on a runtime kernel setting?

Those are good points.  My point was just that you can't actually
build that file at the time you RUN the regression tests, because you
have to build it first, then install it, then run the regression
tests.  It could be a separate target, like 'make policy', but I don't
think it works to make it part of 'make installcheck'.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: pageinspect's infomask and infomask2 as smallint
Сообщение: Re: pageinspect's infomask and infomask2 as smallint