Re: pgsql: Bootstrap WAL to begin at segment logid=0 logseg=1 (000000010000

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: pgsql: Bootstrap WAL to begin at segment logid=0 logseg=1 (000000010000
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 2:40 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
<heikki.linnakangas@iki.fi> wrote:
> Back-patch to 9.0. Since this only affects bootstrapping, it makes no
> difference to existing installations. We don't need to worry about the
> bug in existing installations, because if you've managed to get past the
> initial base backup already, you won't hit the bug in the future either.

I'm actually not nearly so sanguine about this not affecting existing
installations. It means, for example, that anyone who has written
monitoring scripts that watch the wal position will see behaviour
they're not familiar with.

--
greg