Re: contrib: auth_delay module

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: contrib: auth_delay module
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 6:35 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * Jan Urbański (wulczer@wulczer.org) wrote:
>> On 04/11/10 14:09, Robert Haas wrote:
>> > Hmm, I wonder how useful this is given that restriction.
>>
>> As KaiGai mentined, it's more to make bruteforcing difficult (read: tmie
>> consuming), right?
>
> Which it would still do, since the attacker would be bumping up against
> max_connections.  max_connections would be a DOS point, but that's no
> different from today.

I haven' t thought of a way to test this, so I guess I'll just ask.
If the attacking client just waits a few milliseconds for a response
and then drops the socket, opening a new one, will the server-side
walking-dead process continue to be charged against max_connections
until it's sleep expires?

Cheers,

Jeff