Re: pgsql: Remove outdated comments from the regression test files.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Remove outdated comments from the regression test files.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Robert Haas wrote:
>> Remove outdated comments from the regression test files.
>>
>> Since 2004, int2 and int4 operators do detect overflow; this was fixed by
>> commit 4171bb869f234281a13bb862d3b1e577bf336242.
>>
>> Extracted from a larger patch by Andres Freund.

> I noticed with this commit that we are referencing pre-git-conversion
> git branches, basically adding a dependency on git to our commit
> messages.  I don't see a problem with this, but did we ever reference
> CVS details in CVS commits?  I don't remember any.

I've usually preferred to use a date, eg, "my patch of 2009-10-07",
when referring to previous patches in commit messages.  I think people
have occasionally mentioned CVS revision IDs, but the folly of that
should now be obvious.  I agree that reference to a git hash is way
way way too fragile and git-centric.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Remove outdated comments from the regression test files.
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Remove outdated comments from the regression test files.