Re: getTables() doesn't handle umlauts correctly

От Samuel Gendler
Тема Re: getTables() doesn't handle umlauts correctly
Дата
Re: getTables() doesn't handle umlauts correctly  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
dmp wrote on 22.11.2010 19:54:

I also tried the table creation in the MyJSQLView app. which
uses the jdbc, this morning and I just don't see it. The correct
table name is showing up in the public schema and also in the information_schema.tables as shown by the app.

I also tested the code directly and again the correct table
name is showing up. The only thing different is not on XP, but
with the same server and jdbc versions.

So this seems indeed to be a Windows issue.

Now you may wish to try just % or null for the tableNamePattern.
Perhaps something is going on with parsing of that parameter.
The API indicates that "a table name pattern; must match the
table name as it is stored in the database

getTables() does return one table, but the umlaut is garbled.
Sorry for not being clear on this.

What is the output of Charset.defaultCharset() in those java processes? Are you forcing things to UTF-8? I've had problems in the past with JVMs coming up with surprising default charsets, forcing me to override the OS or specify the defult charset with a system property to get things to work correctly.