Re: PG-Git usernames

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: PG-Git usernames
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 20:23, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On fre, 2010-10-01 at 16:26 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Personally, I don't see any advantage at all of git.postgresql.org
>> over github for a development repository. Others may have different
>> opinions, of course.
>
> My personal objection is merely that it was apparently semi-unilaterally
> decided to change the project name to "postgres" there.  I don't want to
> go down that road ...

That's certainly my fault. It started out as an experiment only and
turned out to be quite popular. And frankly, the name thing didn't
even occur to me, since I use them completely interchangeably.

We could rename it. That'll break any clones that are on it (currently
only 8 - there are still 16 on the old one) and I think maybe also the
watchers (so far only 31 compared to 206 onthe old one).

If we're ever going to rename it, it's certainly right now.It'll only
get worse if we wait.

Renaming the repository is rather simple. As for renaming the "github
organisation" there is no way to do that from what I can tell - but we
could ask the github folks to do it manally maybe. Deleting and
re-creating will affect some pgadmin repos as well, but it won't be a
disaster (again: yet).

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/