Re: missing tags

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: missing tags
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 13:36, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>  There are commit messages from about 22 hours ago that say that the
> upcoming releases have been tagged, but I don't see the corresponding tags
> when I list out the tags in my repo (and there has been a commit since
> then).
>
> I'm not sure where the release procedures are documented - I couldn't find
> anything on the wiki.
>
> At the least this is confusing. If it wasn't intended that releases would be
> tagged yet, then the commit message should have read something else, ISTM.

This was intentional - to wait with the tags until the tarballs have
been verified *and published*, so we don't end up having to move the
tags later if we find a last-minute problem.

I think the confusion is from the use of "tagged" in the commit
message - it doesn't have anyting to do with tagging from a git/scm
perspective, it's just updating the version tags in the source which
is a completely different operation.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/