problem connecting via ODBC when unicode.

От Kim Mortensen
Тема problem connecting via ODBC when unicode.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I have have a question that annoys me incredibly.

I have a "Login Roles" that include special chars like "ÆØÅ" (same in password) that accesses a view. however this is not possible, as the connector does not recognize the user.

FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "127.0.0.1", user "ÆØÅ", database "mydb", SSL off.

However if I create another "Login Roles" with the name "abc" (same in password), I can successfull connect and access the view.

I have almost tried all combinations of client_encoding, have tried to set configuration string on the connector.

Database is build with: "...... --encoding=UNICODE --locale=C --lc-collate=C".

If I use pgadmin, everything in the database looks perfect, and the unicode chars are represented correctly (Login role ÆØÅ exists).

Any help much appriciated.

Best Regards
Kim Mortensen