Re: Trigger File Behaviour

От Selva manickaraja
Тема Re: Trigger File Behaviour
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Does this mean the fail-over will not be auto the moment the primary DB or Server goes down? Does it require for us to manually intervene to introduce the trigger_file?

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 1:17 AM, Dean Gibson (DB Administrator) <postgresql@ultimeth.com> wrote:
On 2011-02-16 18:10, Selva manickaraja wrote:
We tried setting the trigger file for fail-over purpose. But we just can't understand how it works. Each time the secondary is started the trigger file is removed. How can we introduce auto fail-over is this happens?

Thank you.  Regards, Selvam

That's exactly what is supposed to happen.  You will also find that the
recover.conf file gets renamed when the trigger file is created by you
(and then is promptly deleted by PostgreSQL).

Don't create the trigger file until you want the hot-standby server to
switch roles and become the primary server (and thusly accept DB change
requests).