Re: documentation for committing with git

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: documentation for committing with git
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 21:07, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On ons, 2010-07-21 at 12:22 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> At the developer meeting, I promised to do the work of documenting how
>> committers should use git.  So here's a first version.
>>
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Committing_with_Git
>
> Looks good.  Please consolidate this with the Committers page when the
> day comes.
>
> Comments:
>
> 3. ... your name and email address must match those configured on the
> server
>
> ==> How do we know what those are?  Who controls that?

sysadmins team. It's set up when committers are added, just like
today's authormap on the git mirror. Before we set up the system,
we'll double check all of them with each committer, of course.

> 6. Finally, you must push your changes back to the server.
>
> git push
>
> This will push changes in all branches you've updated, but only branches
> that also exist on the remote side will be pushed; thus, you can have
> local working branches that won't be pushed.
>
> ==> This is true, but I have found it saner to configure push.default =
> tracking, so that only the current branch is pushes.  Some people might
> find that useful.

Indeed. Why don't I do that more often...

+1 on making that a general recommendation, and have people only not
do that if they really know what they're doing :-)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/