Re: documentation for committing with git

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: documentation for committing with git
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On ons, 2010-07-21 at 12:22 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> At the developer meeting, I promised to do the work of documenting how
> committers should use git.  So here's a first version.
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Committing_with_Git

Looks good.  Please consolidate this with the Committers page when the
day comes.

Comments:

3. ... your name and email address must match those configured on the
server

==> How do we know what those are?  Who controls that?

6. Finally, you must push your changes back to the server.

git push

This will push changes in all branches you've updated, but only branches
that also exist on the remote side will be pushed; thus, you can have
local working branches that won't be pushed.

==> This is true, but I have found it saner to configure push.default =
tracking, so that only the current branch is pushes.  Some people might
find that useful.