Re: Stefan's bug (was: max_standby_delay considered harmful)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Stefan's bug (was: max_standby_delay considered harmful)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 6:41 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-05-17 at 06:30 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

>> > There's no code comments to explain this, so without in-depth analysis
>> > of the problem, Masao's patch and this one its not possible to say
>> > anything.
>> >
>> > Please explain in detail why its the right approach and put that in a
>> > comment, so we'll understand now and in the future.
>>
>> The explanation is what I wrote in my previous email: a smart shutdown
>> request during recovery should be treated the same way BEFORE the
>> postmaster has been asked to start the background writer and AFTER the
>> postmaster has been asked to start the background writer.  I'll think
>> up a suitable comment.
>
> I think we should review Masao's patch and ask him to make any changes
> we think are appropriate. There's no benefit to have multiple patch
> authors at one time.

I did review his patch.  It duplicates a few lines of logic and I
found a way to avoid that, so I proposed it.  That seems totally
normal to me and I'm not sure what you're concerned about.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Сообщение: Re: Stefan's bug (was: max_standby_delay considered harmful)
Сообщение: Re: Stefan's bug (was: max_standby_delay considered harmful)