Re: HTML 4.01 docs + xhtml header on postgresql.org

От Josh Kupershmidt
Тема Re: HTML 4.01 docs + xhtml header on postgresql.org
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 12:09 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 18:15, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 20:54 -0400, Josh Kupershmidt wrote:
>>
>>> Now, what I'd *really* like is to get the doc pages building in clean
>>> XHTML+CSS, though I'm a bit wary of how much work that's going to
>>> involve. Anyone else interested in this idea?
>>
>> I am interested. I think it would be a worthwhile project. I however
>> don't have any resources to do so.
>
> Note that the code for the new website generates a more correct HTML
> code by passing it through tidy. I'm not sure it produces completely
> accurate HTML of course ;) But if you're oging to work on it, that's
> the proper point to start.
>
> (code can be found as the pgweb project on git.postgresql.org)

Thanks for the pointer. [.. looking ..] nice, didn't realize you guys
were using Django, that's my favorite web framework.

At the moment I'm poking through the SGML documentation pages. There
are some common  and easy-to-fix errors (mostly nesting of <para>
nodes which produces bogus HTML, e.g. acronyms.sgml). I should be able
to post a patch this weekend to fix a whole bunch of these.

Then there is some broken HTML produced by <xref> nodes which look
alright in the sgml source (e.g. history.sgml), and I'm betting comes
from problems in stylesheet.dsl. I don't have a fix for these at the
moment, since I'm unfamiliar with DSSSL.

Josh

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: