Re: patch for check constraints using multiple inheritance

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: patch for check constraints using multiple inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 6:57 AM, Henk Enting <h.d.enting@mgrid.net> wrote:
>>> We ran into a problem on 9.0beta3 with check constraints using table
>>> inheritance in a multi-level hierarchy with multiple inheritance.
>
>> Thanks for the report.  This bug also appears to exist in 8.4; I'm not
>> sure yet how far back it goes.  I'm not so sure your proposed patch is
>> the right fix, though; it seems like it ought to be the job of
>> AddRelationNewConstraints() and MergeWithExistingConstraint() to make
>> sure that the right thing happens, here.
>
> The original design idea was that coninhcount/conislocal would act
> exactly like attinhcount/attislocal do for multiply-inherited columns.
> Where did we fail to copy that logic?

We didn't.  That logic is broken, too.  Using the OP's test setup:

rhaas=# alter table level_0_parent add column a_new_column integer;
NOTICE:  merging definition of column "a_new_column" for child "level_1_child"
NOTICE:  merging definition of column "a_new_column" for child "level_2_child"
NOTICE:  merging definition of column "a_new_column" for child "level_2_child"
ALTER TABLE
rhaas=# SELECT t.oid, t.relname, a.attinhcount
FROM pg_class t
JOIN pg_attribute a ON (a.attrelid = t.oid)
JOIN pg_namespace n ON (t.relnamespace = n.oid)
WHERE n.nspname = 'test_inheritance' AND a.attname = 'a_new_column'
ORDER BY t.oid;
  oid  |    relname     | attinhcount
-------+----------------+-------------
 16420 | level_0_parent |           0
 16423 | level_0_child  |           1
 16429 | level_1_parent |           1
 16432 | level_1_child  |           2
 16438 | level_2_parent |           1
 16441 | level_2_child  |           3
(6 rows)

The attached patch (please review) appears to fix the coninhcount
case.  I haven't tracked down the attinhcount case yet.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: patch for check constraints using multiple inheritance
Сообщение: Re: patch for check constraints using multiple inheritance