Re: patch for check constraints using multiple inheritance

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: patch for check constraints using multiple inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> The original design idea was that coninhcount/conislocal would act
>> exactly like attinhcount/attislocal do for multiply-inherited columns.
>> Where did we fail to copy that logic?

> We didn't.  That logic is broken, too.

Uh, full stop there.  If you think that the multiply-inherited column
logic is wrong, it's you that is mistaken --- or at least you're going
to have to do a lot more than just assert that you don't like it.
We spent a *lot* of time hashing that behavior out, back around 7.3.

Сообщение: Re: patch for check constraints using multiple inheritance
Сообщение: Re: patch for check constraints using multiple inheritance