Re: What to do if space for database decrease and no additional hard drive is possible?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: What to do if space for database decrease and no additional hard drive is possible?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 4:43 AM, AlannY <m@alanny.ru> wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I have a huge database with several tables. Some tables have statistics
> information. And it's very huge. I don't want to loose any of this data.
> But hard drives on my single server are not eternal. Very soon, there will
> be no left space. And the most awful this, that it's a 1U server, and I
> can't install new hard drive.
>
> What can I do to enlarge space, without loosing data and performance?

So, what can you do?  Can you add external storage or some kind?  Get
access to a network mounted drive, at least temporarily?  With the
restrictions you're listing I'm not sure you have a lot of
alternatives but to back up some of those tables, restore them
offsite, then drop the tables on the server.