Re: Optional Exporting or copying result with (,) as decimal mark

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Optional Exporting or copying result with (,) as decimal mark
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Jasmin Dizdarevic
<jasmin.dizdarevic@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is absolutely the correct way, but I think pgAdmin is the wrong
> location to handle this. In my opinion the database should handle locales.
> The COPY command for example also doesn't support other decimal marks. AND
> it's not always wanted, that the input is locale aware. There has to be an
> optional parameter or a session based setting. But that's a topic for an
> other mailing list ;)
> I know my patch is just a workaround, but it saves us a lot of time in this
> particular process.

locale is always handled in the client - especially as data may be
transferred to/from the server in binary formats where locale is
irrelevant.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com