Re: Configuring synchronous replication

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 7:20 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> There are considerable benefits to having a standby registry with a
>> table-like interface.  Particularly, one where we could change
>> replication via UPDATE (or ALTER STANDBY) statements.
>
> I think that using a system catalog for this is going to be a
> non-starter, but we could use a flat file that is designed to be
> machine-editable (and thus avoid repeating the mistake we've made with
> postgresql.conf).

Yep, the standby registration information should be accessible and
changable while the server is not running. So using only system
catalog is not an answer.

My patch has implemented standbys.conf which was proposed before.
This format is the almost same as the pg_hba.conf. Is this
machine-editable, you think? If not, we should the format to
something like xml?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Сообщение: Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Сообщение: Re: Configuring synchronous replication